Join Our Team!Careers at Optimum Joy
We’re so glad you’re considering a counseling job through joining the Optimum Joy team!
Here at Optimum Joy, we seek to create a connected and collaborative environment. Private practice can easily become isolating. We choose to combat this through celebrations, events together, and caring for each other personally. Outside of staff meeting, our therapists enjoy and consult with each other between sessions in our office space in the heart of Chicago. The sense of team drives our culture.
Individuals and families need different skills and expertise from clinicians. We strive to provide diverse services to meet a broad array of clinical issues. Outside of theoretical orientation and trained models of therapy, this includes considering skills in language, culture, client’s gender and ethnicity preferences, and any other important factors contributing to the therapeutic relationship. We believe there is strength in diversity! We work to support each other as a team and provide well for our client’s needs through diversity.
Excellence In Service
In our line of work, we are hopeful for change and continued growth in the lives of our clients. Because of this, we seek to create a rich environment therapeutically through excellent services! Our own personal and professional growth work is important to this process. A desire to continue growing as a healthcare provider is woven into the fabric of who we are and what we do.
Benefits of Working at Optimum Joy
- Collaborative Environment
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Income Structure
- Flexible Hours
- Group & Individual Supervision
- Furnished Office Space
- Business Marketing
- Professional Development
- Stipend for Additional Learning
- CTA Transit Pre-Tax Benefit
- Support Staff (Intakes, Insurance, Billing, Etc.)
- Employee W-2 Status
- Electronic Health Record Software
- Business & Referral Cards
- Profile on Highly-Trafficked Website
- Office positioned off major train stops & street parking
- 80% of clients identify as Christian and value integration
- 75% individuals, 20% couples, 5% family sessions
- Diversity represented through ethnicity, age, and socioeconomic status
- Highly motivated, working professionals
Optimum Joy exists to help men and women in Chicago heal and grow through providing exceptional and specialized mental health services. Currently accepting applications from clinicians meeting the basic qualifications below:
Mental Health Therapist
- Priority given to fully licensed clinicians (LCPC, LCSW, LMFT)
- Some evening availability. The majority of our clients come during the daytime hours, but a few couples and working professionals seek our services and are unable to come during regular business hours.
- Candidates should be proactive, self-assured, independent, flexible, attuned, highly attentive; engaging clients with solid clinical judgement and decision-making ability
- Has experience and clear interest in working with specific populations (e.g. eating disorders, trauma, couples’ therapy, sexuality, etc.)
- Interest in working in private practice setting and willingness to build caseload over time
- Supportive, collaborative mindset towards Optimum Joy staff
- Priority given to clinicians seeking fuller caseload
- Willingness to educate community and build brand through blog writing, etc.
- Interest and experience in working with multicultural issues
- Drive to be curious and continue learning
- Bonus: Fully licensed interested in compensated supervision of provisionally licensed clinicians.
Application Submission Process
Please send all items below to [email protected]
- Cover letter introducing yourself
- Resume or CV highlighting your relevant experience
- 3 References which can include 1 personal reference