Quarantine Fun & Resources: COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 quarantine, many organizations are offering special services to help people stay well and connected to the outside world. One of our therapists here at Optimum Joy thought it would be a great idea to categorize what we have found and label it good ol’ Quarantine Fun. Not sure where and how COVID-19 has impacted your life, but hope these resources serve to brighten your stay-at-home days! We’ll try to keep updating this list as more resources come to our knowledge. Be well!
Free Virtual Tours
- Google Arts & Culture Galleries
- The Louvre Museum, Paris
- DC’s Museum of Natural History
- Museum of American Revolution
Live Feed from Zoos & Aquariums
Music: Concerts, Classes, Opera
- Wigmore Hall Concerts & Classes
- The Met Opera
- Malmo Live Concert Hall
- Berlin’s Philharmonie
- Vienna State Opera
- Bavarian State Opera
- Gottman Card Deck : helping couples explore and build relationship
- Lasting App : 5 sessions/courses free to help couples develop relationship according to love science
- Calm App : Free Trial
- Headspace : Free Trail
- Abide : Not free, Christian worldview specific content
- HASfit : free in-home accessible workouts
- Healthy Hood Chicago : Free instagram live streamed classes
- Yoga with Adriene : Free yoga
- Down Dog App : Free through April 1st, 2020
- Core Power App : Temporary Free Classes
- Gold’s Gym App : Free access through May, 2020
- Peloton App : 90 days free, no credit card needed
- @theellenshow : Funny & Entertaining
- @goodnews_movement : Encouraging global news
- @weratedogs or @dog_feelingsig : Wholesome dog-centered content other than COVID-19! “How could we not include this?!” -Therapist Elise Champanhet
- @wendymac : Daily drawing lessons
- @massimobottura : Daily cooking classes
- @morganharpernichols : Illustrations & poetry
- @bradmontague : Encouraging doodles
Outer Space : We didn’t know it could be its own category! Pleasantly surprised.
Play for Parents & Kids
- Lunchtime Doodles with Mo Willems, The Kennedy Center
Books Optimum Joy therapist are currently reading (Not free sadly)
- “The Art of Loving” – Eric Fromm
- “The Common Rule: – Justin Earley
- “Anatomy of the Soul” – Curt Thompson, M.D.
- “The Soul of Shame” – Curt Thompson, M.D.
- “The Book of Life, On Confinement” – The School of Life – FREE
Podcasts Optimum Joy therapist are currently listening to
Written by therapist Clair Miller
More Optimum Joy Articles
Right now, everyone is making many sacrifices because of the extended impact of stay-at-home orders, cancelled events, cancelled vacations, job loss, and so many other disappointing things. Many people are missing out on weddings, graduations, proms, birthdays and...
Our founder Alexandra Hoerr joins a pastor, psychiatrist, and an individual who has experienced the benefits of counseling to discuss the complexities of integrating spiritual wellbeing and Christian living with counseling. While the church has historically been...
Pamela Larkin, a mental health therapist at Optimum Joy Clinical Counseling, joins Alexandra Hoerr to discuss navigating the racial tension which plagues our nation. Pam brings a wealth of experience, including her professional and personal experience of being a...