Quarantine Fun & Resources: COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 quarantine, many organizations are offering special services to help people stay well and connected to the outside world. One of our therapists here at Optimum Joy thought it would be a great idea to categorize what we have found and label it good ol’ Quarantine Fun. Not sure where and how COVID-19 has impacted your life, but hope these resources serve to brighten your stay-at-home days! We’ll try to keep updating this list as more resources come to our knowledge. Be well!
Free Virtual Tours
- Google Arts & Culture Galleries
- The Louvre Museum, Paris
- DC’s Museum of Natural History
- Museum of American Revolution
Live Feed from Zoos & Aquariums
Music: Concerts, Classes, Opera
- Wigmore Hall Concerts & Classes
- The Met Opera
- Malmo Live Concert Hall
- Berlin’s Philharmonie
- Vienna State Opera
- Bavarian State Opera
- Gottman Card Deck : helping couples explore and build relationship
- Lasting App : 5 sessions/courses free to help couples develop relationship according to love science
- Calm App : Free Trial
- Headspace : Free Trail
- Abide : Not free, Christian worldview specific content
- HASfit : free in-home accessible workouts
- Healthy Hood Chicago : Free instagram live streamed classes
- Yoga with Adriene : Free yoga
- Down Dog App : Free through April 1st, 2020
- Core Power App : Temporary Free Classes
- Gold’s Gym App : Free access through May, 2020
- Peloton App : 90 days free, no credit card needed
- @theellenshow : Funny & Entertaining
- @goodnews_movement : Encouraging global news
- @weratedogs or @dog_feelingsig : Wholesome dog-centered content other than COVID-19! “How could we not include this?!” -Therapist Elise Champanhet
- @wendymac : Daily drawing lessons
- @massimobottura : Daily cooking classes
- @morganharpernichols : Illustrations & poetry
- @bradmontague : Encouraging doodles
Outer Space : We didn’t know it could be its own category! Pleasantly surprised.
Play for Parents & Kids
- Lunchtime Doodles with Mo Willems, The Kennedy Center
Books Optimum Joy therapist are currently reading (Not free sadly)
- “The Art of Loving” – Eric Fromm
- “The Common Rule: – Justin Earley
- “Anatomy of the Soul” – Curt Thompson, M.D.
- “The Soul of Shame” – Curt Thompson, M.D.
- “The Book of Life, On Confinement” – The School of Life – FREE
Podcasts Optimum Joy therapist are currently listening to
Written by therapist Clair Miller
More Optimum Joy Articles
I remember when I first encountered my privilege. I was sitting in a sociology class when a professor who didn’t normally teach the class walked in. He began to talk about patriarchy and the privilege of being a man. He was passionate about the topic and I couldn’t...
Growing up with a mother as a pastoral care minister who now works as a hospice chaplain, I have heard endless stories about loss, grief, and suffering. She has described grief to be like the natural disaster of a tornado, whether large or small, it changes the...
If you’re anything like me, a ‘yes’ is much quicker to roll off my tongue than a ‘no’. Often, I regret that response if I haven’t had a chance to really think about what I need and what my limits are. This leaves me spending way too much mental and emotional energy...